Job Description & Personal Specification
Brothers Fundraising Coordinator - London
Salary £30,000 p/a Circa (depending on experience)
1. Official Job title: Brothers Fundraising Coordinator (London)
2. Department: Fundraising
3. Responsible to: Fundraising Manager
4. Hours: 40 hours per week
**Must be flexible with willingness to work weekends, evenings and during campaigns and busy periods.
The Brothers Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Fundraising Manager in developing fundraising activities as per the set objectives and targets agreed in Human Aid’s Strategic Plan and annual teamwork plan.
6. Core Areas of work
We are looking for confident well-spoken individuals to support Human Aid in securing resources to deliver impactful campaigns on today’s most pressing injustice issues.
The role of the Brothers Fundraising Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to use your initiative and creativity to help us develop and improve our strategies, as well as work on fun yet challenging projects all year round with objectives and targets agreed in Human Aid’s Strategic Plan. As part of the role, you would be expected to build, nurture and maintain relationships with potential funders and stakeholder groups. This demanding and varied role requires a committed and responsible person. Three key skills stand out within this position: Sales skills, managing projects and should also demonstrate excellent relationship skills with a strong contact base in the community in order to generate leads. Leadership and motivational qualities are also essential, where you show energy and passion, as is the ability to Multi-task and prioritise work.
7. Main tasks
- To draw up and implement campaign plans with Fundraising Manager and fundraising team.
- To lead and direct the Fundraising team to achieve the fundraising objectives and targets.
- To co-ordinate campaigns, events and fundraising activities at the local level and national level.
- To actively engage with various communities and organisations with the aim of generating funds.
- To establish and maintain contacts - volunteers, local community leaders & external organisations.
- To raise funds and awareness within the area through contact with mosques, schools, businesses, community groups and the general public at large.
- To research and implement new and innovative ways of generating funds from existing and emerging communities.
- To build multiple bases of volunteers to utilise in your Fundraising targets and activities.
- Support the establishment and implementation of a volunteers framework.
- To take initiative in identifying and creating opportunities within different community groups, in order to reach personal yearly fundraising target.
- To take part in public speaking activities for fundraising presentations.
8. Other tasks
- To participate in meetings associated with the work above
- To communicate with external organisations including local authorities, mosques, etc.
- To ensure that decisions from any meetings or discussions are followed up
- To identify and research local donor market - strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- To attend networking events and other events to promote the work of Human Aid.
- Produce evaluation reports on fundraising activities and incorporate any lessons learnt in the future.
- Support the Fundraising Manager in other Fundraising related activities as required by the organisation.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
(E)= Essential (D) = Desirable
Qualification & Training
- A University degree preferably in marketing or communications with a higher pass in English (D)
- 2 years of experience in fundraising, marketing and events management. (E)
- Experience of planning and managing successful projects or experience of working in a customer/volunteer-focused environment. (E)
- Budgeting experience (D)
- Excellent administrative, organisational and presentation skills (E)
- Excellent written and oral communication (E)
- Excellent time management skills (E)
- Strong negotiation skills (E)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (E)
- Good knowledge of ICT (E)
- Good interpersonal skills (E)
- Good knowledge of contemporary fundraising techniques (E)
- Good knowledge of public and private sector funding sources, structures and organisations. (D)
- Good knowledge of the UK Muslim community (E)
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change (E)
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment (E)
- Ability to prioritise workload and work on own initiative ((E)
- Confident public speaker (E)
- Understanding of the voluntary sector (E)
- Ability to communicate in Arabic/Urdu/Punjabi/Bengali. (D)
- Ability to work unsociable hours during peak campaigns. (E)
- Up to 30 days holiday for full time staff.
- Access to inhouse Scholars for personal Islamic Development
- Weekly 1-2-1 Qur’an session with Scholar
Please email your CV and a short covering letter explaining how you meet the JD to [email protected]
Feel free to contact us should you have any queries regarding Human Aid or the post advertised.